Is there always an interview for adjustment of status for I-485 sister ,I am in USA and eligible under 245(i) .

Oakland, CA |

what to expect for interview and what documents I need to submit for adjustment of status for sister who filed petition for me?

Take all original documents, including your birth certificate. Also, depending on the date that your sister filed the I-130 for you, you might need to take documents to show that you were physically present on December 21, 2000. If you don't have proof of that particular date, then take documents showing that you were physically present at some point shortly before that date, and then at some point shortly after that date.

I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney about your case, before the interview.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Good answer

You can there and read for yourself.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2da73a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=2da73a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You should bring originals of both of your birth certificates and your passport.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Joshua Mark Surowitz

Joshua Mark Surowitz

In addition, if there are any foreign language documents that are not in English, you will need to bring a certified translation (i.e. birth certificates).