Is there always an interview for adjustment of status for I-485 sister ,I am in USA and eligible under 245(i) .

Asked over 1 year ago - Oakland, CA

what to expect for interview and what documents I need to submit for adjustment of status for sister who filed petition for me?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You should bring originals of both of your birth certificates and your passport.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Take all original documents, including your birth certificate. Also, depending on the date that your sister filed the I-130 for you, you might need to take documents to show that you were physically present on December 21, 2000. If you don't have proof of that particular date, then take documents showing that you were physically present at some point shortly before that date, and then at some point shortly after that date.

    I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney about your case, before the interview.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  3. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You can there and read for yourself.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  4. Joshua Mark Surowitz

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . In addition, if there are any foreign language documents that are not in English, you will need to bring a certified translation (i.e. birth certificates).

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,548 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,548 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering