Is there always an interview for adjustment of status for I-485 sister ,I am in USA and eligible under 245(i) .

Asked about 1 year ago - Oakland, CA

what to expect for interview and what documents I need to submit for adjustment of status for sister who filed petition for me?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

2

Answered . You should bring originals of both of your birth certificates and your passport.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Take all original documents, including your birth certificate. Also, depending on the date that your sister filed the I-130 for you, you might need to take documents to show that you were physically present on December 21, 2000. If you don't have proof of that particular date, then take documents showing that you were physically present at some point shortly before that date, and then at some point shortly after that date.

I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney about your case, before the interview.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

3

1

Answered . You can there and read for yourself.
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem...

4. Joshua Mark Surowitz

Answered . In addition, if there are any foreign language documents that are not in English, you will need to bring a certified translation (i.e. birth certificates).