Is there a way to use our attorney for guidance only and go to court without him in Colorado?

Collection case and he has billed tons of hours already and wants another meeting with opposing counsel one week before trial to avoid trial. Understand but believe costs being driven up by his avoidance. Case is pretty clear if he will help us to present. Also has not filed counterclaim per our repeated requests.

Colorado Springs, CO -

Stephen Clark Harkess

Stephen Clark Harkess

Bankruptcy Attorney - Wheat Ridge, CO

An attorney can provide unbundled legal services in Colorado state court. This means that an attorney can be retained just to draft documents and give advice and not to handle the case in court. However, if the attorney has already entered an appearance with the court or filed pleadings, he will have to seek the Court's permission to withdraw in order to avoid appearing for trial.

John M Connell

John M Connell

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Englewood, CO

You can hire the attorney for any reason but if you are concerned with the bill I would sit down with the atty to go over it. If you dont like what you hear then hire someone else. I would not suggest going to court without help.

Alan James Brinkmeier

Alan James Brinkmeier

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Chicago, IL

Perhaps, consider a new lawyer?

Related Advice