Is there a way to stop deportation if the charge was attempted homicide and he recieved 3 years in prison and 4 years of proba

Asked over 1 year ago - Gainesville, FL

tion?

1. Ralph F. Guerra

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague, probably not. It's a felony not a minor offense. You might consider contacting a local immigration attorney that also does criminal defense, many offer free consultations.

2. Byron David Flagg

Pro

3

Answered . Probably not because crimes of "moral turpitude" - meaning crimes that are morally very bad - are the types of crimes that subject people to deportation by the INS. If the person has already been convicted, there is not much that can be done since deportation is handled by the INS - a federal government agency. An immigration attorney, may at least be able to help you understand the deportation process.

3. Natalia Pavlovna Kalishman

3

Answered . I would review the record of conviction to determine if there could be a waiver of deportation available.

4. Ryan Alexander

Pro

4

Answered . Probably not. Attempted homicide is CLEARLY a "crime of moral turpitude" that brings deportation. Sorry.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.