Professional
legal advice
for $99.

Avvo Instant
Talk to a lawyer

Is there a way to pay my civil demand letter without them mailing my house?

Got caught shoplifting in an h&m in new york. They made me fill out forms admitting that I shoplifted and trespassed, made me sign a few things along with my address and my birthday (i am a minor). The total amount i stole was up to $40. I just want to pay it off asap so I won't have to worry about this later on because I'm very forgetful.

Bayside, NY -

Marco Caviglia

Marco Caviglia

Criminal Defense Attorney - Poughkeepsie, NY

Since you've received nothing from them demanding money yet, you might call the store and ask them for contact information so you can pay them off quickly and directly and tell them to email you the receipt so no one at home will know.

Sponsored Listing
Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

I advisr my clients to ignore the civil demand letters because I have never seen a store sue to collect. If you want to stop letters, hire a lawyer to write the store for you. I do this all the time for my clients.

Edwin Drantivy

Edwin Drantivy

Criminal Defense Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

They may send you an invoice after receiving payment unless you politely ask them not do so.

Sponsored Listing