Is there a way to get a revoked license back before the date they gave me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Panama City, FL

Driving with suspended license for unpaid tickets, license was then revoked

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You may be able to secure a license or a hardship license, but you need to proceed with care. Often times, I field calls from people who have paid off unpaid tickets to clear their license, only to learn weeks or even months later that the tickets they paid off have created another license suspension to take effect. I recommend you speak with an experienced criminal defense lawyer about how you should proceed so that you can get your license reinstated without compromising your license.

    Posting an answer to your question does not create an attorney / client relationship such that you can or should... more
  2. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You may be able to get the ticket convictions undone by having a lawyer file a motion to give you withholds of adjudication on them. Then you can show the state that your license would not have been suspended and you may end up with a reduced charge.

  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is a way to get a business permit after a certain period of time. If the revocation is dui related. If it is revoked for points then one might consider trying to reopen the ticket or tickets that put you into the point suspension and litigate for their dismissal.

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

DUI and driver's license penalties

The state can suspend, revoke, or restrict your driver's license if you are convicted of DUI.

Travis T. Schreurs

OWI and your Driver's License

An OWI in Wisconsin involves both in-court and out-of-court consequences. In most cases, the license suspension procedure can be completed before you even make an appearance in court.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,794 answers this week

3,717 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,794 answers this week

3,717 attorneys answering