Skip to main content

Is there a way to get a pardon and re enter back to the us after being deported for life through marrige

Des Moines, IA |

I was deported about 6 years ago for pleating guilty to a criminal gang participation and willfull injurie as a lesser commited offense without knowing I was gonna be deported because the attorney din't mention deportation he told me I was just gonna get probation since it was my first offense. My parents had allready put in a petition for permanent residence for the whole family through his brother wich is a us citizen in the year 2000. Now I'm in Mexico my fiance is a permanate resident in the process of becoming a citizen and my question is. is there a possibility I can get a pardon and return to the us through marrige should I wait on the result on my parents behalf what would be the best way to go about my case if there is a chance for me to return. All this happened in desmoines ia

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


it sounds unlikely that you will be allowed to re enter the USA. However, I suggest you have an experienced immigration attorney who also knows criminal law review your case.


Your family should contact an experienced deportation attorney to see if anything is possible. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
Carmel, IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice tailored to your situation. Answers given on this website are of general nature and are not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer