Skip to main content

Is there a way to get a DUI charge and a Marijuanna charge exspunged.

Atlanta, GA |

I pled guilty to both in 2007

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Under current law, once you plead guilty to a crime, it stays on your record forever unless you availed yourself of First Offender Act treatment at the time of the plea.
In the case of DUI, not even the First Offender Act can keep a conviction off of your record though.


No. Once convicted, always convicted. Sorry!

The information is for general information purposes only. Receipt of this information or e-mail from our website, or other communications should NOT be construed as legal advice for any individual case or situation, nor the formation of an attorney-client relationship.


Currently not under Ga law, however there is an expungment bill pending before the Ga legislature which may help some folks clean up their past records. Check back in the summer/fall and there may be some movement on this issue.


If you were convicted, or plead guilty, to the charges you cannot expunge them from your record. Georgia is one of the harshest states in the country when it comes to expungements. However, there is current legislation being considered that may change all of this.

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer