Is there a way to find out who called CPS on you?

Asked over 3 years ago - Houston, TX

I have a pretty good idea who did but would like to know for sure before I file a police report and then ultimately a civil suit against them. All of the allegations are false, and I can provide evidence to prove it.

1. Christopher Houston Schulz

Answered . Investigations of abuse and neglect are confidential pursuant to Texas state law (section 261.201 of the Family Code). This includes the name of the reporting party. Only certain individuals would have a right to this information.

2. Randy William Ferguson

1

1

Answered . In some states you can find out. Get an attorney in your city to determine if they can subpoena evidence or get in discovery process. On some occasions it cannot be discovered.

3. Douglas Blake Dykes

1

1

Answered . The Texas code or Texas statutes (not sure exactly what Texas calls them) should have chapter on Child Protective Services (CPS). That statute should outline the reporting obligations and protections of those who report this information. From my experience in family law the "best interest of the child" is the goal 90% of the time. The law would usually rather err on the side of protecting the child and thus place more protections for the "anoyomous reporter" in the hope that a legitimate report would get made rather than not get made (out of fear of retaliation) and ultimately that the child would be protected. This is the goal and that is where I would expect the focus to be - encourage reports to be made. Your question and information say the allegations are false - prove them false and there may well be some internal mechanism CPS has to penalize the reporter in some way. Good luck and God Bless!

4. Robert Daniel Kelly

Pro

Answered . I bet you can't.

Best wishes.