Is there a way to find out online why a civil case in Dupage county Il was dismissed with prejudice?

Asked 5 months ago - Gurnee, IL

Can I find out, the attorney wont respond. I found out on my own a motion was dismissed with prejudice.

1. Gregory John Barry

1

Answered . I am not surprised the attorney will not respond -- the case is over. If you want to re-open it, you will need to move quickly, but your odds are slim to none. There must have been one or more missed court dates, which judges do not appreciate. Your best bet to find out the reason for the dismissal is making the trip to the courthouse to get copies of the records.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . You cannot find this online.

You should attend court hearings to hear the rulings if you are interested

3. Shaye Larkin

Answered . Contact the court a copy of the transcript of the court hearing on the motion. The transcript will state what was said on the record. If there was no hearing and thus no transcript, usually the court record will reflect the reason for the dismissal. Contact the court.