Is there a way to find out if my husbands green card is still active?

Asked over 1 year ago - Minneapolis, MN

We lost a lot of documentation in a fire and other than the green card number we have nothing. We would like to check the status since he got the green card back in 1995

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

2

Answered . You can order his file from the USCIS through the Freedom of Information Act.

2. Irene Vaisman

3

Answered . you can obtain his entire immigration record through FOIA. But if he was not in removal proceedings, not left the US to abandon residency, nothing should have happened to his green card status or I am not understanding you

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . If he is still in the USA, yes it is. Now you know.

4. J Charles Ferrari

2

1

Answered . If he has not left the US, then he needs to apply for a replacement.