Is there a way to expedite the immigration petition for my son as I have submitted a previous petition which was revoked?

Asked over 1 year ago - Darien, IL

In 1996, I filed the first petition for my son as an unmarried child 21/older to permanent resident. In 2002, I obtained my American citizenship and updated the information. In 2002 the petition was processed and NVC requested the marriage certificate of the Applicant and the birth certificates of his kids and confirmed that this won't impact the processing of his petition. I also sent the I-864 form filled out for the applicant and each member of his family to the NVC and I paid the requested processing fees. Thereafter we received a revocation of the approval as my son got married in 1998. I complained and applied again in 2003 based on the new status and it's taking like forever to get my son here.The two petitions are still active in the system with status Post Decision Activity

1. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . Since your child was married before you became a US citizen, the visa became void. The second visa has been approved and will be available in the next year or so. You must notify the National Visa Center of your contact information and it would be very worthwhile to get an attorney to make sure this gets processed correctly.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . No, unfortunately not.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

3

Answered . No. There is now way to expedite the process.