Skip to main content

Is there a way to bring my parents to US on permanent basis (or at least I am here on EAD/AP)?

Milwaukee, WI |

Parents are having visitor visa, so they can "visit", but cannot stay for more than 180 days (I-94 expiry). I am in process of getting a green card (I485 pending) and working on EAD, using AP for entering into the USA if I visit my home country.
Can I apply for their green card? My parents do not have any financial support of their own, so I am supporting them completely for all their financial needs.

Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can only apply for your parents' residence once you're a us citizen.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.


Your first need to become a citizen, and then you can file for them. Be careful to travel on AP and speak to an attorney

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


You cannot file for them until you are a citizen.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer