Is there a way that i could avoid having a " Failure to maintain lane/Improper Lane Change" ticket on my record?

Asked over 1 year ago - Smyrna, GA

When trying to make a right turn my tire blowing caused me to lose control of my vehicle, causing me to have an accident no other car was involved. no one was injured. so the office gave me a ticket for" Failure to maintain lane/Improper Lane Change" . Im trying to get into truck driving school and a moving violation makes it hard for me even get accepted. is there a way i can avoid it going on my record? i understand that by paying the ticket i am considered guilty as charged. but i dont mind paying for the ticket just want an option for it going on my driving record.

1. John Michael Phillips

Pro

5

Answered . A judge may cut you a break on that and there might be a traffic school option, depending on the county. Call a local traffic ticket lawyer. It's a little tougher in Georgia, but I've seen judges help that situation out.

2. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

4

Answered . This is where lawyers can be worth every penny you pay them. On these facts, and it will vary by court, prosecutor and judge, some attorneys could win acquittal and many can come up with options where you'd plead to a non-reportable violation (like "rules of the road"), or get a deferred disposition that leads to dismissal. Sit down with a lawyer and determine a strategy. No one can promise you a win, but a good traffic lawyer may make a difference for you.

3. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

2

Answered . If you have a good driving record we can almost definitely get you something that is a non-reportable charge. That way no points show up on your DDS profile.

Pro

3

Answered . Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer to fight it so you have a chance

5. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

1

Answered . This seems like an unusual charge when the cause of your lane change is a blown tire.

I suggest you request a court hearing on the ticket and hire a ticket defense attorney to represent your interests. It will be money well spent.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.