Is there a way out of this statutory rape charge?

Asked about 1 year ago - Chino, CA

Im 18 male and I was dating this girl that is 17 and will be turning 18 soon. I had sex with her and I knew about here age but there is only a year difference in our age. Her parents knew about and said it was okay if we used protection which I did. We broke it off 3 months ago and her mother didn't take it to well and is trying to get me with a statutory rape charge even though shes allowing her to have sex with a 25 year old male in her own home and I'm extremely worried. Her mother has a list of mental health problems and she goes nuts with this stuff and I'm worried about what's going to happen to me. I would really like some advice or help if I end up needing it.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

6

Answered . Stop making admissions here this is a public and non-confidential forum. Get a good criminal defense attorney on board and follow all of your counsel's instructions exactly.

2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

5

Answered . It would be better if you met with an attorney in person to discuss further. Anything mentioned on this site is not attorney-client privilege. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation. I suggest meeting with at least one soon.

Michael K. Cernyar, Esq.
    www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com

3. Joseph Salvatore Farina

3

Answered . 1. Stop making admissions. 2. There is no consent defense to having sex with a minor. 3. Mom's mental health history is irrelevant and not admissible in court. 4. Doesn't matter what parents knew or didn't know. 5. Your looking at a misdemeanor and no sex registration. 6. I recognize your 18 and very worried. All us guys have been there - 18 and a willing girlfriend. Miss the good old days. But you have to understand - nutty and unpredictable parents + hot underage girlfriend = statutory rape conviction.

4. Michael Anthony Hernandez

Pro

Answered . You absolutely need to consult with a reputable defense attorney.