Is there a way I can make sure my fiance get's full custody of my children if I die?

Asked 11 months ago - Crawfordville, FL

He has been their only father since they were born and yet I'm afraid their biological fathers' families would take them if something were to happen to me. The biological father of the oldest is incarcerated and awaiting trial for murder. The youngest has a biological father who is a dangerous and irresponsible felon who I would rather have nothing to do with him.

1. Carin Manders Constantine

3

Answered . You really need to sit down with an attorney and talk about the family dynamics. As you state it here, the answer would most like be no, your Fiance has no rights to raise your children.

2. William Charles Rosenfelt

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague completely. You need to get an attorney involved to go through the entire mater in more detail. However, as things stand, your fiance does not have any rights to the minor children.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787

3. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

3

Answered . Your fiance does not have any rights to the children right now. If you marry and he successfully adopts the children through a stepparent adoption, then the scenario changes. But getting to that point seems like it will be an uphill battle with two different fathers, etc. Contact a local attorney to discuss further.