Is there a way I can get supervised visitation on sons grandparents on his father side?

Asked about 1 year ago - Newark, OH

I am going to court to get child support from my sons father, he is in the military and his parents want visitation to my son. I do not like the idea of them having my son without me present. They have been very rude to me and done some questionable thing, for example they took my 4 month old son in to a bar, and I do not agree with the life style they have.

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . Unless there is an order that state otherwise, the grandparents have no rights here. Keep in mind that in the family law world, judges want parents to make sure the best interests of their children are being served.

2. Lee Alan Thompson

Answered . If you and the father are married, it's a non-issue. If not, they can seek visitation in Ohio. Doesn't mean they will get it, only that they can try. If that's the case, get an attoreny.