Is there a way I can get a waiver so that my kids wont have to transfer schools?

Easton, PA |
Filed under: Education law

I am moving from a borough of a city to the actual city which is a different school system in PA. Is there any way I can protest having to transfer my kids? They love their school and I tried desperately to find a rental in the same area with no luck. Is there any type of statue or waiver or loophole that I can try or apply for to keep them where they are going to school? Any advice is helpful?

In Pennsylvania, you have the right to enroll your children in the school dstrict where you reside. Although a neighboring school district can agree to acceot yor children, they generally will not do so and if they do will charge tuition. You might check the website for the Education Law Center, PA, which has many resources and information useful to parents.

Education law topics