Is there a way for me to request the USCIS or the US embassey to grnat a non-immigrant, temporary visa for my relative?

Asked over 1 year ago - Glendale, CA

I am a U.S. citizen, and have been living in the US for the last 13 years. Both our parents have green cards. My brother is the Godfather to my son, and now I have a daughter, and would like for him to be here for her christening, as the Godfather.

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . To get a tourist visa, he will need to prove to the satisfaction of the consular officer that he will not remain in the US.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . To be issued a tourist visa your relative has to prove to the satisfaction of the consular officer that he does not intend to permanently remain in the U.S. To that effect, he must convince the consul of having "substantial ties" to his native Armenia (well paying job, real estate ownership, lot's of money in the bank, leaving spouse and child behind, just to attend an event in the U.S.; and etc.)
    Letters of invitation, in and of themselves are worthless and often times ignored by the consular staff.

3. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . He can file for a tourist visa. You can send him an invitation.