Is there a waiver for claiming false citizenship in 99

Asked over 1 year ago - Fresno, CA

wife tried to enter with a false birth certifacte in 99 and was caught i am a citizen and i applyied for her legal entrance to the country in 2001 and was accepted with a k-3 visa when her interview came the lawyer told us to to go because to what happened in 99 can i do anything

1. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

7

1

Answered . Yes, possibly. The 212)h). The depends on a number of criteria. Do consult an experienced immigration attorney with specifics of your case.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . I'm afraid that your lawyer may be right.

Keep an eye 'open' for Obama's new Immigration Reform law.

3. Stephen D. Berman

5

Answered . No. Pre 1996 there is.

4. David B Pittman

Pro

4

Answered . I would listen to the advice of your lawyer or gat a second opinion if you are not sure.

5. Sonya Nicole Campbell

4

Answered . No. I am not aware of a waiver for a "false claim to US citizenship."

This response in no way establishes attorney/client privilege or relationship.