Is there a wait time?

Arcadia, CA |

So I will be getting my US citizenship in a week. Can I apply dual citizenship at a consulate office right after my ceremony? Or do I have to wait for for some time to apply? I'm scared that they might terminate my US citizenship. THANKS!

1. In your naturalization oath, you renounce allegiance to all other countries and governments. It is your native country that must decide whether after this renunciation you are a dual citizen. Ask the consulate of your country consult an immigration lawyer.

The herein content is for general informational purposes only, and may be predicated on incomplete facts. It should not be relied upon in making legal decisions or assessing your legal rights or risks. Neither does the herein reply create an attorney-client relationship.

2. I agree with my colleague.

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

3. I am scared even more than you but for a different reason. I am scared that you have done a good job in formulating your quesiton in a way that would make it very difficult, if not impossible, to answer your quesiton on the description offered. Follow the link below for information on dual citizenship concept.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.