Is there a wait time?

Asked about 1 year ago - Arcadia, CA

So I will be getting my US citizenship in a week. Can I apply dual citizenship at a consulate office right after my ceremony? Or do I have to wait for for some time to apply? I'm scared that they might terminate my US citizenship. THANKS!

1. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

5

Answered . In your naturalization oath, you renounce allegiance to all other countries and governments. It is your native country that must decide whether after this renunciation you are a dual citizen. Ask the consulate of your country consult an immigration lawyer.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . I am scared even more than you but for a different reason. I am scared that you have done a good job in formulating your quesiton in a way that would make it very difficult, if not impossible, to answer your quesiton on the description offered. Follow the link below for information on dual citizenship concept.

3. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague.