Is there a U.S. Government whistleblower program for reporting a company suspected of violating the RICO act?

Asked 5 months ago - Sayreville, NJ

(Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act) i am not a government employee, but used to work for this company, where I gained inside knowledge and therefore, "original information" about it. They do not do business with the government, and I know that I can "always report it", but I want to be compensated for my efforts. The S.E.C. and I.R.S. whistleblower programs do not apply here. Thank you

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Allan E Richardson

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . I am not aware of any such program. You are asking about a very difficult, complicated and rare area of law. As much as 50 percent of my practice at any given time is in federal court and in my entire career, I have handled only two RICO cases (excluding cases where a RICO count was just tossed in to see where it could go). You should consider investing in a consultation with a lawyer who has experience in this area of law. Expect to pay a significant consultation fee since the attorney will need to spend considerable time with you. These cases require detailed analysis of the facts. Plus, the attorney needs to explore whether you face any consequences if you expose inside information. Good luck.

    A response to a question posted on Avvo is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,416 answers this week

2,822 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,416 answers this week

2,822 attorneys answering