Is there a time line to seek medical treatment/evaluate for whiplash injury caused by rear-end collision? what she should do?

Long Beach, CA |

my friend was in a rear-end collision in 2010, other driver is 100% at fault and their insurance paid about $800 to the auto repair shop to replace the new pumper for her car. Now they offer her the same amount to settle and release all liability relate to this injury. Their reason is that it is minnor and they denied to cover the cost of MRI with reason of more than 1 year from date of accident. she confused her symptoms with her pre-existing condition. Doctor said Whiplash injury could make her existing condition worst. should she go to small claim court? Does she have a strong case to hire an attorney?

Never try to settle a car accident case without a lawyer or you will only get a nuisance settlement. A personal injury lawyer can take this case on a contingency fee basis, meaning that your friend doesn't have to pay anything unless the lawyer gets her money. Small claims court has a maximum dollar recovery amount, thus, your friend would most likely get more money with a personal injury lawyer. The insurance company would need to pay for any aggravation of pre-existing injuries. You can search Avvo for a personal injury lawyer.

Lassen Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers Philadelphia. www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com Phone 215-510-6755.

2. I agree with Mr. Lassen that your friend should get a personal injury lawyer. Get one immediately, as there are deadlines for personal injury cases known as statutes of limitations, so retain a lawyer before time runs out.

Boonswang Law Firm 1-877-258-3083

3. 2 years.

No attorney/client relationship is or shall be created by this response on Avvo to non-clients of The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez.

4. I too agree that getting a personal injury lawyer is the only way your friend can get the maximum possible compensation available.

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

5. Only add, a case is usually its strongest with a good attorney.

6. The Rule always is the sooner the better. Especially with under $1000 in property damage. If you wait too long after the accident the insurance company will limit their evaluation of your case.