Is there a time limit on filing car accident claims?

Powder Springs, GA |

I was in a car accident this month, 9/09. Someone hit the back of my car which caused minimal damage that I can see because I was previously in a 4 car accident in 6/07, in which someone hit the car behind me and that car hit me and I hit the car in front of me. Everyone elses car was fine except for mine. I let an estimator talk me out of going through the whole claim because he said the repair cost will be more than my car was worth and they would total out my car. My car was drivable and still is and I did not want a car payment. After getting into this recent accident the other drivers insurance estimator told me that I could still file the claim from the accident 2 years ago. Is this true and if so, do I file it against the person who hit me or the person who hit the driver who hit me

1. Both.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.