Is there a time limit for a judge in NYS to make a ruling on a divorce case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, NY

My trial was November 2012 memorandums were sent to the court by December 31, 2012. The court stated it would have a ruling by February2013 - March 2013. I am still waiting ( June 2013 ) and can not file violations of court orders with a pending divorce decision. What can be done to move this along?

1. Ronald Steven Nir

8

Answered . I would suggest you talk to your attorney and ask that he reach out to the Court and the Judges chambers to get an update. After that he will take the appropriate action.

The advice I have given does not bind the parties in any manner and is merely given as a courtesy.
  2. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . There is only a time limit for decisions on motions and Judges often can't meet it (60 days) because they have so many cases pending.

3. Jill Marie Zuccardy

4

Answered . This is a huge problem in New York City. The suggestion you received of having your attorney reach out to chambers is a good one.