Is there a such thing as getting my interlock device out early?

Denver, CO |

I got my dui in feb 2010. I got my interlock installed in may 2012 and have to have it for 2 years. Im coming up on my first year, without any problems, no negatives. My classes are all finished and so is my community service.. I was wondering if there is a such thing to enroll to get it out early, kind of like released on good behavior kind of thing.

1. There is no early termination allowed on a 2-year interlock requirement.

2. If you have a two year interlock requirement, chances are this is your second or greater per se revocation and/or you had a blood or breath test result of .17 or greater. There are two circumstances where a two year interlock is required under the Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles administrative regulations and there may be other circumstances. Unfortunately once you get a two year interlock condition of reinstatement of your driver's license, it cannot be terminated prior to the end of the two years.

Ann Toney, P.C. is a law firm in Denver, CO defending DUI, DUID, and marijuana drug charges.

3. Unfortunately, this was created by the state legislature. The only way to change it would be to convince them to change state law.

No answer here should be considered to form an attorney-client relationship. You should consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction so that a full evaluation of the facts of your case can be conducted.

DUI topics