Is there a statute of of limitations on underage drinking?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Duryea, PA

I got an underage drinking fine about two months ago and still have no citation so I was curious.

1. Michelle A. Fioravanti

Pro

4

Answered . If you mean you were stopped for underage drinking 2 months ago and haven't received a citation yet, according to statute I believe the police have 2 years to bring charges. However it is very unlikely they will do so at this point. I agree you should have a criminal defense attorney look into this more closely, because depending on your priors you can be facing a 90 day, 1 year or 2 year driver's license suspension.

Michelle A. Fioravanti, Esq.
    www.fioravantilaw.com
    484-876-1543
    Like me on Facebook: Law Offices of Michelle A. Fioravanti, P.C.

2. Robert C. Keller

3

Answered . It is unclear from your question whether you received a citation two months ago or whether the police stopped you two months ago and told you that a citation would be issued. In either event, you should meet with a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. The attorney will determine the status of the matter and will protect you. A conviction calls for a license suspension and a record so you need to be proactive.

3. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

3

Answered . Two months is not a very long time. However, if this is underage drinking-as opposed to a DUI which it is listed as-I would be surprised to see them pursue it at this point. If it is a DUI, they may still be waiting for test results before filing the charges.