Is there a statute of limitations on contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lexington, KY

a woman gave my son, age 14, marijuana for Christmas gift and thought it was fun and funny
she is a famous person on tv and it irks me to see her that's not the only thing she did

1. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . There are statutes of limitation in Kentucky that govern misdemeanors but there is no statute of limitations on the prosecution of felony offenses in Kentucky.

Kentucky Revised Statutes

Title 50. KENTUCKY PENAL CODE

Chapter 500. GENERAL PROVISIONS

Current through 2013 Ky. Acts ch. 9

ยง 500.050. Time limitations

(1) Except as otherwise expressly provided, the prosecution of a felony is not subject to a period of limitation and may be commenced at any time.
    (2) Except as otherwise expressly provided, the prosecution of an offense other than a felony must be commenced within one (1) year after it is committed.
    (3) For a misdemeanor offense under KRS Chapter 510 when the victim is under the age of eighteen (18) at the time of the offense, the prosecution of the offense shall be commenced within five (5) years after the victim attains the age of eighteen (18) years.
    (4) For purposes of this section, an offense is committed either when every element occurs, or if a legislative purpose to prohibit a continuing course of conduct plainly appears, at the time when the course of conduct or the defendant's complicity therein is terminated.

Cite as KRS 500.050

History. Effective: July 15, 2008
    Amended 2008, Ky. Acts ch. 72, sec. 6, effective July 15, 2008. -- Amended 2000, Ky. Acts ch. 401, sec. 5, effective July 14, 2000. -- Amended 1990 Ky. Acts ch. 448, sec. 2, effective July 13, 1990. -- Created 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 5, effective January 1, 1975.