Is there a statute of limitations on a Class A Misdemeanor in the State of Alabama?

Woodinville, WA |

I'm being contacted about something that happened over 12 years ago and involved a BK.

1. You need the assistance of qualified criminal defense attorney licensed and practicing in Alabama to answer this question.

2. Ask a lawyer in Alabama,

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response to your question is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on Washington law as I am licensed in Washington. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue/matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific legal advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain an attorney. For more information or to hire a lawyer, you can reach my offices at: aaron@lukofflegal.com; 360-647-5251 or at www.lukofflegal.com.

3. "Unless otherwise provided, the prosecution of all misdemeanors before a circuit or district court must be commenced within 12 months after the commission of the offense." Code of Alabama 1975, section 15-3-2.