Is there a statute of limitations for opposing counsel to submit a contempt order (post-hearing) to the court?

the hearing was over 2 months ago and counsel still has not submitted the order to the court

Atlanta, GA -

Ashley Anne Digiulio

Ashley Anne Digiulio

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Atlanta, GA

You are better off calling the opposing counsel and asking when it will be submitted. If you can't get an answer or the Order is still not submitted, then call the Judge's chambers and ask the judge's clerk how to handle it. The judge's clerk will likely call the opposing counsel and get it in. You may also have the option of submitting the order yourself.

Talk to an attorney.

Blake Dexter Halberg

Blake Dexter Halberg

Family Law Attorney - Atlanta, GA

There is no statute of limitations for the Order to be submitted. You should contact the opposing counsel and find out why the Order has not been submitted. If that fails to get a response contact the chambers of the judge that heard the case. I can assure you the Order will be forthcoming shortly after your call to the judge's chambers.

This in no way establishes an attorney/client relationship between us.
Blake Dexter Halberg

Blake Dexter Halberg

Family Law Attorney - Atlanta, GA