Is there a statute of limitation for wrongful termination of employment in Florida?

Miami, FL |

I was hired as a loan processor to prepare loans that would require me to use counterfited documents, false signatures and attest that documents were true copies of the originals when they weren't. When i refused to do so, they assigned to me another task and later fired me. This happened back in 2005.
Is it too late for me to take legal action?

Thanks

Under Florida Whistleblower Law you have 2 years to file a lawsuit based upon retaliatory job action due to complaints of illegal activity or refusal to partake in illegal activity. However, there may be other actions available which have longer statutes of limitation depending on facts you have not revealed. For example, under some whistleblower statutes, the deadline can be as much as six years. Please seek a consult with an employment attorney familiar with whistleblower law. You can find one at www.nela.org.

Bonnie Riggens
Law Office of Bonita M. Riggens
669 1st Ave. N.
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Phone: 727-898-1401
Fax: 727-823-7351
Employment law representation: Contracts (Noncompete Agreements, Severance Negotiations), Defamation, Discrimination (Age, Disability, Gender, Pregnancy, National Origin, Race, Religion), Family and Medical Leave Act, Overtime Law. Privacy Law, Retaliation and Whistleblower Law, Sex Harassment, Unemployment Compensation, Unpaid Wages

Civil rights topics