Is there a statute of limitation for cheating in college?

is there actually a statue of limitation if a student cheat in community college? can it ever come back and get the student? like he have a P.E class and he sign in for extra hours than he suppose to, so there gotta be a time limit for the school to take action about it right?

Costa Mesa, CA -

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

Administrative Law Lawyer - Pasadena, CA

I handle a lot of college and university cheating cases and I have never seen an instance of cheating prosecuted as a criminal offense. The school can do a lot of very onerous things such as withhold your transcripts and negate prior credits, not to mention expulsion. But I have never seen a criminal case attempted. And no, there is no universally applicable statute of limitations. Each school will run its own integrity enforcement efforts independently.