Is there a statute of limitation for cheating in college?

Costa Mesa, CA |

is there actually a statue of limitation if a student cheat in community college? can it ever come back and get the student? like he have a P.E class and he sign in for extra hours than he suppose to, so there gotta be a time limit for the school to take action about it right?

is so is cheating consider a misdemeanor or felony?

1. I handle a lot of college and university cheating cases and I have never seen an instance of cheating prosecuted as a criminal offense. The school can do a lot of very onerous things such as withhold your transcripts and negate prior credits, not to mention expulsion. But I have never seen a criminal case attempted. And no, there is no universally applicable statute of limitations. Each school will run its own integrity enforcement efforts independently.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.