Is there a statue of limitations to get your drivers license back after a drunk driving if you don't complete driver safety plan

Eagle River, WI |

If a person gets a drunk driving and has their assessment but does not complete the requirements for the drivers safety plan, can they get a drivers license ever again? Is there any other options a person can take like petition the court for some other sort of punishment or amendment. Its been 2 years since the drunk driving conviction.

The person will need to complete the requirements before becoming eligible to reinstate. They do not time out.

The NCP revocation is indefinite. Not only can't a person get their license back until they have completed the driver's safety plan, if the assessment the plan was based on is more than a year old, it is no good anymore and needs to be repeated.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.

Karyn T. Missimer

Karyn T. Missimer

Avvo has taken away the ability to agree with questions after a certain period of time. So, now I have to comment to say "I agree." I agree.

NO - You are going to be required to have another AODA assessment done and comply with that safety plan before you will get your driving privileges reinstated.

This communication is for the purposes of general advice only. This communication does not form any contractual obligation on behalf of the Attorney Stephen W. Sawyer or the Law Offices of Stephen W. Sawyer.

Traffic tickets topics