Is there a statue of limitations in Colorado for failure to appear on a DUI ticket?

Asked over 1 year ago - Crestline, CA

In 2007 I was involved a accident. I was the only one injured and taken to the hospital. I refused to give a B.A.C. test. I do not recall ever receiving a ticket for anything. After totaling my car I had no way to get to work, and no way to survive. As things got worse I came back to California with my kids. I recently tried to get my license here but was told Colorado had a hold on it for a failure to appear on a DUI ticket.
I am a single dad on welfare with two boys. I do not have the means to get to Colorado and go to court. Is there a statue of limitations on the ticket, the failure to appear, and the hold on my license? Can I ever get my license back in California?

1. Ted Harvatin

Pro

3

Answered . Once charges are filed (ticket) the statute of limitations has been satisfied. You may have other defenses but that's not one of them. Hire a CO attorney.

2. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

1

Answered . You will most definitely want to consult with a Colorado DUI attorney, and the sooner the better. Based on what you've described, the statute of limitations does not appear to be at issue. However, you may have other defenses. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

3. Christopher Irvin Simser

1

Answered . Attorney Harvatin is correct. This will not go away or be dismissed with the passage of time.

Consult with and retain an experienced DWI attorney and address this issue immediately.