Is there a statue of limitations for how long EDD has to pay an unemployment benefit? Is there any benefit of suing the EDD?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

I've been on unemployment since December of 2011 and I was paid by the state until July of 2012, then the Federal Extensions began. The first extension went through December of 2012. Then when my second extension was to be filed there was some confusion as I received paperwork first stating I was approved for an extension, then a few days later I received a letter stating I was denied, then the next I got another letter saying I was approved. I let it go for about a month or so and didn't receive anything. March of 2013 I finally got through to EDD and they said I was eligible for 3 more extensions. I received a piece of paper stating I didn't need to do anything and that they will send me contination forms. It has been OVER THREE WEEKS since that letter and have received nothing.

1. Mark A Seif

Answered . Just call the EDD back and ask about the delay. Suing the EDD, given these facts is ridiculous at this point.
    Mark A Seif,
    Attorney at Law
    toll free 800.316.6030