Is there a statue of limitations for colllecting medical bills in Indiana?

Asked about 3 years ago - Marion, IN

I recently got sued from some medical bills that are over five years old. Do I have a leg to stand on to get out of these

1. Nicholas I Fuerst

Answered . There are statute of limitaions for collecting on debts that start to run after last payment is made. If you believe that they are not able to collect you could advise them of that and see what they say.

2. Mitchell Paul Goldstein

Answered . If the case is still ongoing, dispute the debt. Make them prove that they can still collect. If this is a debt collector, dispute that they have the right to collect from you. If you win, contact local counsel for a possible suit against them.