Is there a statue of limitations as to how long after arrest and indictment that a person must be tried on felony charges?

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

If I was arrested in 2008 and indicted in 2009 what can be done to force the State to either end my case by dismissing or force a trial?

1. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Talk to your lawyer about whether it is in your best interest, which it is probably not, to file a Constitutional Speedy Trial demand.

2. Benjamin David Goldberg

Pro

2

Answered . Speak to your lawyer about filing a motion to dismiss based on a violation of your constitutional right to a speedy trial.

3. Michael David Barber Jr.

1

Answered . You can file a motion for speedy trial. A speedy trial motion tells the court that you are requesting your right to a speedy trial, which is essentially a trial without delay, and to effectuate the timely resolution on the case.