IS THERE A STATUE OF LIMITATION ON ARRAIGNMENT WHEN I HAVE NEVER BEEN ARRAIGNED BUT I BEEN BONDED AND ITS BEEN 390 DAYS AGO

Asked over 1 year ago - Lake Worth, FL

I was arrested in March of 2012 and currently haven't been arraigned or heard from the courts so is there a statue of limitation.

1. James W Chandler

Pro

2

Answered . The State has 6 months to bring you to trial on a Felony, 90 on a Misdemeanor. Typically the State makes a filing decision within 30 days. Have you checked to see if he case has been disposed of?

2. Richard Earl Hornsby

Pro

2

Answered . Chances are your case was dismissed. Have you looked to see? But to answer your question, the SOL varies depending on the offense.

3. Russell J. Ferraro III

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, every charge has a statute of limitations, but once you have been arrested it becomes a speedy trial issue. Under these facts, if the state has not filed formal charges, you should be able to file a notice of expiration of speedy trial and a motion for discharge if the state starts to proceed in the future. You may want to check with the clerk of court to make sure no action has been taken by the state.