Is there a statue of limitation for dui when license revoked in IL.

Elgin, IL |

I got a second DUI in 1992 and have not driven since. My license was revoked. I have never driven a car since then. Is there a statue of limitation where i can get my license back in Illinois.?

You won't be able to get your license back unless you can convince the Secretary of State to give it back to you. I suggest you contact a lawyer in your area experienced in representing drivers before the Secretary of State.

---

You are most likely eligible for reinstatement of driving privileges, but you would need a formal hearing at the Secretary of State. You need to have a current alcohol evaluation and show proof of counseling classes complete. You want to paint a picture for the Secretary of State that you will not be a hazard to the people of Illinois if granted driving privileges. In order to do this, you need to contact an attorney to take you through the proper steps.

No. You must have a hearing with the Illinois Secretary of State, and convince them that you deserve a license back.

DUI topics