Skip to main content

Is there a statadory limit on reporting sexual crimes in australia

Victor, IA |

it is so difficult for adult victims of child sexual abuse to put forward or report on the associated problems without a loss.can something be done to stop this from being so difficult.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It would stand to reason. You should probably direct your inquiry to an attorney in Australia.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


You could try contacting the prosecutor's office in Australia to report the crime. If you want to sue for the damage caused to you consult with an Australian personal injury attorney.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.


There is an organization, Bravehearts, that is working to resolve this widespread problem in Australia.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer