Is there a special Visa for a foreign alien who bought a house in the USA only to rent it out and make money to allow periodic

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

visits in the country during the renovation to check on workers and contractors and to show the house since I do not want to use an agency?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

Answered . You could try to apply for a B-1 Business visitor category, or better yet, for a B-1/B-2 visa.

There is no special or specific visa category for what you are trying to undertake. If your country of nationality has an E-2 Treaty with the US, you can then see if you'll qualify for an E-2 Treaty Investor visa, since you purchased the house for rental. Difficult.

2. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

6

Answered . No, there is really not much that can be done just because you own a home in the U.S. You should discuss all other possible options with an competent and experienced immigration attorney. Perhaps, you have other options.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  3. Jonathan H Levy

4

Answered . You don't say what country you are from, that I think would make a difference in the specificity of answers you will receive.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . My colleague Mr. Behar is correct ... the B-1 will probably meet your needs.