Is there a special Affidavit of Title when an Executor sells a decedent's real estate?

Asked over 2 years ago - Plainsboro, NJ

I am an Executor selling the decedent's personal real estate. Is the normal affidavit of title acceptable, or is there a special form for an Executor?

1. Michael T Millar

Pro

3

Answered . The affidavit of title for an executor does differ slightly from the "typical" affidavit of title.
    It will include a representation that no state or federal estate taxes are due.

2. Brad Michael Micklin

Pro

2

Answered . There are no different forms. However, completing the forms requires knowledge of the affidavit of time and other necessary documents to affect the transfer of title.
    You should speak with an experienced attorney who is familiar with these areas of law.

Brad M. Micklin, Esq.
    187 Washington Ave., Suite 2F
    Nutley, NJ 07110
    973-562-0100
    Brad@njdivorceattorney.net

3. Kenneth A White

Pro

1

Answered . Brad Michael Micklin has provided a competent answer.