Is there a special Affidavit of Title when an Executor sells a decedent's real estate?

Plainsboro, NJ |

I am an Executor selling the decedent's personal real estate. Is the normal affidavit of title acceptable, or is there a special form for an Executor?

1. There are no different forms. However, completing the forms requires knowledge of the affidavit of time and other necessary documents to affect the transfer of title.
    You should speak with an experienced attorney who is familiar with these areas of law.

Brad M. Micklin, Esq.
    187 Washington Ave., Suite 2F
    Nutley, NJ 07110
    973-562-0100
    Brad@njdivorceattorney.net

This information is based upon the limited facts you presented. My advice may be different if I find that the facts presented are different. Additionally, this answer does not contain any confidential information nor does it create any attorney/client relationship.

2. The affidavit of title for an executor does differ slightly from the "typical" affidavit of title.
    It will include a representation that no state or federal estate taxes are due.

This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

3. Brad Michael Micklin has provided a competent answer.

The Answer provided was based on the limited information provided, and represents information based on the law in general, not a legal opinion that can be relied upon. Before a formal legal opinion can be offered I would need an opportunity to review all possible relevant facts and circumstances. You cannot rely on the advice of an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your sitaution, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the opinion that is being offered. Please be aware that the above comments are neither protected by attorney-client privilege, nor may the same be the basis for a malpractice lawsuit.