Is there a set time limit on when an ex wife can get half of my retirement pension, I got papers from her lawyers yesterday

Asked over 1 year ago - Cape Coral, FL

This stems back from a divorce in 2000, and I have been retired for 4 years now? I live in Fl, this suit is in Ohio

1. Gregory Thomas Buckley

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . That issue should have been settled at the time of the divorce. Here in Florida, a separate Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) is used to deal with dividing a pension. Was something similar done back in 2000?

You might also direct this question to attorneys in Ohio to get their take on this situation.

2. Daniel A. Bachert

1

Answered . You need to address your question to an Ohio family law attorney. Re post your question with an Ohio location so it will be presented to Ohio attorneys.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bachert, Esq.
    The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
    330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
    West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
    (561) 653-3951
    Palm-Beach-Divorces.com