Is there a set time limit on when an ex wife can get half of my retirement pension, I got papers from her lawyers yesterday

Cape Coral, FL |

This stems back from a divorce in 2000, and I have been retired for 4 years now? I live in Fl, this suit is in Ohio

That issue should have been settled at the time of the divorce. Here in Florida, a separate Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) is used to deal with dividing a pension. Was something similar done back in 2000?

You might also direct this question to attorneys in Ohio to get their take on this situation.

2. You need to address your question to an Ohio family law attorney. Re post your question with an Ohio location so it will be presented to Ohio attorneys.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bachert, Esq.
    The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
    330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
    West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
    (561) 653-3951
    Palm-Beach-Divorces.com

Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights and this answer is based solely on the information you have provided in your question and as always, I would advise that you arrange for an in person consultation with an attorney from my firm or another Family Law attorney familiar with Florida Family Law who can analyze the specific facts and circumstances of your case more closely to better advise you.