Is there a reward for food stamp fraud?

Asked 11 months ago - Deland, FL

I know of a convenient store that is buying peoples food stamps and that is how they are stocking there shelf, and also selling them things that people are not suppose to be buying with like ciggs and beer and etc is there a number to call

1. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . Call the police in Deland. It should be investigated.

2. Jason Scott Marcus

Answered . I'm not aware of a reward simply for reporting food stamp fraud, but one potential route would be to file a False Claims Act case against the convenience store. There are attorneys who specialize in the False Claims Act; you could try contacting one in your area and seeing if they will take your case. Most work on a contingency basis, meaning they only get paid if they win, so it may be worth your time to make some calls. You cannot file a False Claims Act case without an attorney; it will be dismissed if you try to bring it yourself.