Is there a punishment for not following a court order from the judge

Asked over 4 years ago - Kansas City, MO

My ex-husband did not show up in court and the judge issued a court order. Can my ex-husband get away with not following the court order just because he did not show up for the court hearing.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jennifer Nichole Johnson

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . A Judge has a lot of options to enforce compliance with the order, including monetary fines and jail time. If your ex continues to miss his court dates, the Judge may issue a warrant for his arrest.

    Even if your ex was not in court when the Judge issued an order, if your ex was served with the order, then he is responsible for complying with its terms.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,842 answers this week

3,471 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,842 answers this week

3,471 attorneys answering