Skip to main content


Los Angeles, CA |

Just curious because I was told the prop36 and or the pc1000 with it could be used for DEJ...
But can't find supporting facts.


Attorney Answers 3

  1. Some courts in LA do, depending on the circumstances. However even if it isn't offered doesn't mean something can't be worked out to ge you a dismissal.

    If you have any questions, please feel free to call me.

    Elliot Zarabi

  2. DEJ means differed entry of judgment. Prop 36 and PC1000 are drug DEJ programs. Sometimes courts offer a diversion program or another form of DEJ for minor theft offenses, its not the same one as the drug diversion but has the same effect.

    The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.

  3. You won't get P36 since it's not a drug offence. DEJ/diversion is possible if the county and the courts allow for it. You can always try for the civil compromise too - get an attorney first, however, is the key piece of advice I can give you. He/She will know the local rules and what can and can't be possible down there. Good luck.,

    Mr. Feasel is a former Deputy DA in the SF Bay Area with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics