Is there a possibility I could fix my husbands immigration status and about how long could it take?

Asked over 2 years ago - Hays, KS

I am and US citizen, I married my husband about a year ago prior to that we had been living together for a little more than a year. We have a son together and another one on the way. I have legal custody of his two daughters that are US citizens as well. He was deported due to a drug felony. He has another one on his record that was over ten years ago. He recently got deported again for commiting a re-enter.

1. William Michael Sharma-Crawford

Answered . At best it would require your husband live outside the U.S. for ten years before you could fix him. At worst you could never fix his status. With two drug felonies it is highly unlikely you will be successful. You would need a skilled immigration attorney and a skilled criminal attorney.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

1

Answered . You have a difficult and lengthy process to fix his status. Chances are slim to none that you will be successful however, you should consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

3. Sema Yildirim

1

Answered . Your chances are very slim. Does not look good. But you can have a local immigration attorney review all the documents to fully eval the case

4. Tsirina Goroshit

Pro

1

Answered . Drug conviction and re entry convictions and deportation, make this case almost not possible. It is recommended to consult in attorney for evaluation and consideration of a waiver for non immigrants.