Is there a payment plan offered on a State Board of Equalization levy?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hemet, CA

I was sent a notice of levy from the State Board of Equalization,what can I expect to happed?

1. Rex Wenstrom Halverson

4

Answered . Yes; you should immediately contact the BOE Centralized Collections Department or person identified on the notice of levy and request a payment plan. In many cases, the levy can be lifted within 24 hours. You should also consider a settlement offer or offer in compromise if you cannot afford the total amount owed. You can find information on both programs on the BOE's website at boe.ca.gov. Finally, I would recommend that you talk to a California tax attorney or accountant if you need assistance. Good luck!

2. Evan A Nielsen

4

Answered . Yes, just contact them to see what they're willing to work out. If no payment plan is adopted then the levy will take effect and will have to be cleared at some point. You'll want to get this addressed as soon as possible, particularly if you have assets at risk.

3. Bruce Givner

1

Answered . Both gentlemen have given you excellent answers. Please hire one of them.