Is there a name check for Green Card renewal form I-90?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

My I-90 has been pending for a while and I am thinking it might be due to the FBI name check. Does USCIS conducts an FBI name check on green card renewals?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . Yes, why?

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

5

Answered . There is no such thing as a , "name check." There is a background check. Your fingerprints will confirm your identity and whether you have a criminal record.
    What ever you are planning you may want to consult with an experienced immigration attorney first.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

5

Answered . The USCIS may use a background check is any new adverse information has entered the file. If you think you may have such situation it is advisable to work with a good immigration counsel to present the issue well.