Is there a name check for Green Card renewal?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

My I-90 has been pending for a while and I am thinking it might be due to the FBI name check. Does USCIS conducts an FBI name check on green card renewals?

1. Asma Warsi Chaudry

7

Answered . There a number of security clearances that they run. But another reason for the delay is that processing times have slowed down. You should check your processing time and see if you are outside the stated time frame.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

5

Answered . Name check? There is a background check, they will get the FBI records stored under your fingerprints..

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

5

Answered . It is possible that your request is delayed in the background check phase. There is no way to determine the hold-up without knowing what you filed and knowing more regarding your background.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

Answered . Possible if there is new evidence of adverse information.